Low Carbon Steel Expanded Metal Info
Expanded Metal Sheets are to be manufactured using SAE 1008 or 1010 low carbon steel. EN10204-3.1 material certificate is required.
- Initial sheet thickness shall be 0.58 mm (±0.025 mm).
- Expanded sheet thickness will be 0.91 mm (±0.025 mm).
- Diamond shaped hole dimensions are as shown in picture.
- Number of holes in long direction is 9.25 – 10.75 holes/inch.
- Number of holes in short direction is 13.25 – 14.75 holes/inch.
Expanded metal sheets are pickled and oiled prior to packaging to provide corrosion protection.
Expanded metal sheets are stored in appropriate casings to protect against mechanical damages during transportation.
- Material is supplied in sheets (500 mm × 2000 mm, short direction of slots to be placed longitudinally).
- Material is supplied in coils (500 mm width, short direction of slots to be placed longitudinally).