Expanded Metal Gratings Is Naturally Anti-Skid without Further Processing
Expanded metal grating is lightweight, durable, inexpensive and provides some traction. We don't need special equipment or tools to install the gratings. It is the ideal material for industrial walkways and stair treads. It has safer tread surface and permits maximum passage of light and air. Heavy duty grating can provide savings of up to 50% over other steel grating alternatives are not uncommon. Expanded steel grating mainly has two types: light type and heavy type. The junctions of the strand and bond form a ridged surface for improved traction. Grating is formed like a truss so that every inter-connecting strand acts as a structural member distributing the load stress in several directions across the supporting frame. The angular position of the strand and the bond makes the expanded metal grating stronger in deflection than steel plate material in original form.
Specification of expanded metal grating:
- Materials: stainless steel, aluminum alloy, low carbon steel.
- Hole shapes: diamond, square, round, triangle, scale hole, hexagonal.
- Surface treatment: galvanized, PVC-coated, painted, spray coating.
- Colors: green, white, black, blue, silver or other RAL colors.
- Thickness: 0.5 mm – 8 mm.
- Opening in width: 2.5 mm – 50 mm.
- Opening in length: 4.5 mm – 100 mm.
- Package: iron pallets or wooden cases.
Features of expanded metal grating:
- It is made of one continuous piece of material yielding a greater strength to weight ratio.
- There are no welded parts and the surface is naturally skid proof without further processing.
- The pattern and openings provides a wider range of load capacity gratings to meet your exact requirements giving greater economy to your project.
- Expanded steel grating is the most practical and economical way to assure strength, safety and non-skid surface.
- It is easily cut into irregular shapes and can be installed quickly by welding or bolting.
Expanded metal grating is broadly applied to:
- Treads of stairs in various places.
- Fences for road, railway, civil building, water conservancy's construction.
- Guards of all kinds of machines, electrical equipment, window and aquatic product's breeding.
- Railings of walkways, stairways in many places.
- Screens in crushed stone quarries, sand & gravel plants, iron ore mines.
- Platforms in catwalks, building constructions, stadiums, oil drilling in the ocean.
- Floors of outdoors balconies and places of requirement on ventilation and heat dissipation.
- Concrete reinforcement in kinds of outdoor and indoor buildings.
Expanded metal grating.
Expanded metal grating with spray coating surface treatment can improved corrosion resistance.
Expanded metal grating for protection and decoration.
Expanded metal grating is used as stair treads.
Expanded metal grating walkways have larger load bearing capacity.