Expanded Metal Ordering Information – Type, Class Grade, Direction of Shear
Expanded metal orders shall include the following information, as required, to describe the material adequately. The more detailed information you provide, the more accurate our products will be made. Only in this way can we provide better service.
- Designation required.
For example, ASTM F1267 designation.
- Type, class, and grade of steel required.
For example, Type I, Class 1, Grade A.
- Material required
For example, carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum.
- Direction of shear, if not as specified
For example, each opening shall be integral with adjoining openings by means of unsheared bonds of the original sheet.
- Length, width, and thickness of uncoated mesh, and weight per square ft. uncoated.
For example, length: 1.260", width: 0.500", thickness: 0.041", weight: 66 lb per square ft. uncoated
- Size of sheet required, if other than sizes specified. We provide two standard types expanded metal:
- Type Ⅰ expanded metal shall be furnished in sheets 4 ft (1.2 m) wide by 8 ft (2.4 m) long;
- Type Ⅱ, flattened, expanded metal shall be furnished in sheets 4 ft (1.2 m) wide by 8 ft (2.4 m) long.
- Whether or not sheets from which samples have been selected for coating thickness test may be included as part of material shipped.
Inquiry for Our Product
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements. That will help us give you a valid quotation.