Expanded Metal Classification: Type, Class, Grade
Expanded metal shall be of the following types, classes, and grades as specified.
Expanded metal type:
- Type Ⅰ—Expanded
- Type Ⅱ—Expanded and flattened
Type Ⅱ—Expanded and flattened
Expanded metal class:
- Class 1—Uncoated.
- Class 2—Hot-dip zinc-coated (galvanized or galvannealed).
- Class 3—Corrosion-resisting steel.
Expanded metal grade—Pertains only to post-galvanized or galvannealed coating.
- Grade A—0.0025 in. (0.06 mm) minimum coating thickness.
- Grade B—0.0012 in. (0.03 mm) minimum coating thickness.
Uncoated expanded metal.
Stainless steel expanded metal.
Galvanized expanded metal.
Powder coated expanded metal.